My name is Jayla Ingersoll and this will be my tenth year at WFGMS and eleventh year of teaching. I have taught 7th grade for 7 years now and have taught 4th grade through 8th grade in the past. I graduated from Iowa Park and then from Midwestern with a degree in 4th through 8th grade mathematics. I am married to a wonderful man named Jeff and we have three beautiful children. My daughter, Rylee, will be going into her freshman year, my son, Easton, will be going into fourth grade and our baby, Harper, is 2 years old.Concerns:Please email me at email@example.comGrades:
- 35% Daily Work: daily assignments, tasks, group work
- 35% Tests: 2 units tests plus Video notes test grade
- 20% Quizzes: 2 vocabulary quizzes
- 10% Get More Math
- Daily work submitted through Schoology will have 2 attempts and will take the highest of the submissions
- Quizzes will have 2 attempts, but an average will be taken from the submissions
- Tests will have 2 attempts but 1 point will be deducted per question answered correctly the second time. Corrections will be offered for half credit per question.
Tutoring & Homework Help:
Students are always welcomed for tutoring, even if it's for a few questions on an assignment. Tutorial times usually run every morning starting at 7:40 and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday after school until 4:15.
We use Schoology for everything, including video links, assignments, quizzes and tests. I encourage parents to look at their child’s Schoology account to check for assignments or tasks.
Get More Math
Students will be typically be assigned 1-2 assignments per week.
Weekly text messages will be sent out through School Messenger. Messages will list out the week's agenda, any homework, or upcoming quizzes or tests. Please be sure to sign up for text alerts if you haven’t already. Text YES to 67587